Robert Downey Jr. is an American actor, producer, and singer with a net worth of $200 million. He has starred in many popular movies such as Iron Man, Sherlock Holmes, Chaplin, and Tropic Thunder. When he was younger he faced many difficulties like addiction to drugs and alcohol which led him into prison at the age of 20 for possession of cocaine.
“The quote that I am going to share with you is from a man who has experienced life in all of its ups and downs. He has been shot, beaten up, worked hard for his money, lost the love of his life, been addicted to drugs and alcohol… but he never gives up.”
This blog post features inspirational Robert Downey Jr. quotes. In the face of so much adversity throughout his life – addiction, incarceration – RDJ continues to inspire people with his wit and charm. Read on for some Robert Downey Jr. Quotes
Inspirational Robert Downey Jr. Quotes
1. Do I want to be a hero to my son? No. I would like to be a very real human being. That’s hard enough.
2. Discipline for me is about respect. It’s not even about self-respect; it’s about respect for life and all it offers.
3. Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.
4. Remember that just because you hit bottom doesn’t mean you have to stay there.
5. I’ve noticed that worrying is like praying for what you don’t want to happen.
6. I know very little about acting. I’m just an incredibly gifted faker.
7. I used to be so convinced that happiness was the goal, yet all those years I was chasing after it I was unhappy in the pursuit. Maybe the goal really should be a life that values honor, duty, good work, friends, and family. Robert Downey Jr.
8. I think that we all do heroic things, but the hero is not a noun, it’s a verb.
9. The lesson is that you can still make mistakes and be forgiven.
Robert Downey Jr. Quotes About Life
10. People rise out of the ashes because, at some point, they are invested with a belief in the possibility of triumph over seemingly impossible odds.
11. There is unpanned gold in every soul you run into, no matter what walk of life they are from.
12. I think you end up doing the stuff you were supposed to do at the time you were supposed to do it.
13. To me, friendship means loving tolerance.
14. Sometimes you just gotta be drop-kicked out of the nest.
15. I have a sense of destiny that you are led to the things you are supposed to do.
16. I just think it’s good to be confident. If I’m not on my team why should anybody else be?
17. I am in the continual process of transcending fear.
18. I don’t need an Iron Man suit. I’m already a weapon of mass seduction.
19. I think it’s miraculous that anybody survives themselves.
20. I think that power is the principle. The principle of moving forward, as though you have the confidence to move forward, eventually gives you confidence when you look back and see what you’ve done.” Robert Downey Jr.
21. You need to know what to do when the sun is not shining.
22. Job one is to get out of that cave. A lot of people do get out but don’t change.
23. The higher the stakes, the happier I am, the better I will be.
24. Nothing will serve you better than a strong work ethic. Nothing.
25. I always encourage people to be confident, and sometimes even a little falsely so, just so you can give yourself an opportunity.