All of us have sung the national anthem and since school, stood up every time we heard it. But do we know enough about our anthem other than that it was written and composed by Nobel laureate and poet Rabindranath Tagore?
Here are some interesting facts about national anthem India which you probably were not aware of:
1. Jana Gana Mana Was Originally Written In Bengali.
2. The Song Was Adopted In Its Hindi Version By The Constituents Assembly of India as the National Anthem on Jan 24, 1950.
3. Rabindranath Tagore has Written the National Anthem of Bangladesh as well.
4. The Formal Rendition of the National Anthem Is 52 seconds.
5. Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose commissioned a free translation of the national anthem from Sanskritized Bengali to Urdu-Hindi. The translation was written by Captain Abid Ali, composed by Captain Ram Singh Thakur and was called Subah Sukh Chain.
6. The full version National Anthem song is sung using the orchestral/choral adaptation (made by English composer, Herbert Murrill on request of Nehru)