Get ready to relive the thrilling and drama-filled moments of the iconic cheer competition with these memorable quotes from the Bring It On series. The 2000 American teen cheerleading comedy film, directed by Peyton Reed and written by Jessica Bendinger, has become a cult classic that inspired a six-film series.
Starring Kirsten Dunst, Eliza Dushku, Jesse Bradford, and Gabrielle Union, the original Bring It On was a box office success, earning nearly $90 million. While the subsequent films in the series didn’t feature the original cast, the franchise continued to capture the spirit of competitive cheerleading.
As a devoted fan of the movie, you might be excited to learn that a Halloween television film is planned for 2022, offering a new addition to the Bring It On universe.
These films shed light on the tremendous work and dedication required for cheerleading competitions, often underappreciated by outsiders. As a dance mom, I can attest that while the film may have exaggerated the intensity slightly, it captures the passion and commitment of these talented teams.
I recall when my daughter completely broke down over having to wear false eyelashes, a glimpse into the behind-the-scenes pressure these athletes face. It’s a world where every detail matters, and the quotes from Bring It On will take you deep into the competitive world of dance and cheer.
Bring It On quotes from the first movie
1. “I transferred from Los Angeles, your school has no gymnastics team, this is a last resort!” ― Missy
2. “OK, so I’ve never cheered before. So what? How about something that actually requires neurons?” ― Missy
3. “I define being the best as competing against the best there is out there and beating them. They have to go.” ― Torrance Shipman
4. Torrance Shipman: “You know, mothers have killed to get their daughters on squads.”
Christine Shipman: “That mother didn’t kill anybody. She hired a hitman.”
5. “See, I’m a hardcore gymnast. No way jumping up and down yelling “Go Team Go!” is gonna satisfy me.” ― Missy
6. “We’re gymnasts too, except no beams, no bars, no vault.” ― Torrance Shipman
7. Courtney: “Darcy thinks she should get captain ’cause her dad pays for everything.”
Whitney: “He should use some of that money to buy her a clue.”
8. “You wanna make it right? Then when you go to Nationals… bring it. Don’t slack off because you feel sorry for us. That way, when we beat you, we’ll know it’s because we’re better.” ― Isis
9. “Courtney, this is not a democracy; it’s a theocracy. I’m sorry, but I’m overruling you.” ― Torrance Shipman
10. “You are being a cheer-tator Torrance, and a pain in my ass!” ― Courtney
Bring It On quotes from Bring It On: Again.
11. “I want you to know that you’re already a winner just by trying out today. Unless of course, you get cut, in which case, technically a loser.” ― Tina Hammersmith
12. “This next track is dedicated to all the guys out there whose hearts have been ripped out of their chests and devoured for breakfast by cute, peppy, social-climbing blonde girls. Give me a hey, gimme a ho, a I Don’t Know You Anymore. I know it sucks.” ― Derek
13. “Well, what I lose in scholarships, I gain in testicles!” ― Greg
14. “Sweety, no double earrings. You’re a state cheerleader, not a state HOOKER!” ― Tina Hammersmith
15. Greg: “That’s right, I quit too!”
Tina Hammersmith: “Greg, you’ll lose your cheerleading scholarship.”
Greg: “That’s right, I’m staying here! But under a cloud of shame!”
16. “Whit, what is a sign without glitter? That is why no one showed up!” ― Monica Jones
17. “Congratulations, my little pumpkins. You have now joined the best of the best of the best. From here on out, you must be the bomb diggity.” ― Tina Hammersmith
18. “You must eat leaner, train meaner, jump higher, yell louder, and out-pep anyone in your way. You must brush better, floss better, and later rinse and repeat better; in other words, you must *be* better in every aspect of your life. Are you ready for all that?” ― Tina Hammersmith
19. “So make like a Tom, and cruise.” ― Marni Potts
20. “The Nutcracker is a patriarchal ballet. The only good thing in The Nutcracker is the rats, and they die!” ― Penelope Hope
Bring It On Quotes from Bring It On All or Nothing
21. “Jesse, it’s cute you tryin’ to be in choreography and all, but you just stick to finding us the beats, all right, boo?” ― Camille
22. Camille: “You are too hot to beg.”
Kirresha: “I know, but he’s just so fine. I’m willing to make an exception.”
23. “Do it again, and I am plucking grapes or, in your case, raisins. Got it?” ― Britney
24. “You think that we’d have computers if we don’t have books? I’m glad you have a sense of humor. Now find a seat.” ― Mrs. Webster
25. “Damn. Vanilla latte’s got skills.” ― Leti