Dolores Huerta is an activist and labor leader that co-founded what could eventually become the United Farm Workers. Dolores Huerta has really worked to enhance social and financial conditions for plantation workers and to combat discrimination. To further her origin, she made the Agricultural Workers Association (AWA) at 1960 and co-founded what could eventually become the United Farm Workers (UFW). Huerta resigned in the UFW from 1999, however, she has her attempts to enhance the lives of immigrants, workers, and women.
The youthful family fought, and from now Dolores was, her parents were divorced and her mom moved Dolores and her 2 brothers into Stockton, California. Dolores maintained a connection with her dad, who afterward became a union activist and a New Mexico state assemblyman. Juan’s own governmental and labor activism afterward revealed motivational to Dolores.
Let’s Check out some of the best Dolores Huerta Quotes in this article.
Dolores Huerta Quotes
1. “We must use our lives to make the world a better place to live, not just to acquire things. That is what we are put on the earth for.” -Dolores Huerta Quotes
2. “Every single day we sit down to eat, breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and at our table, we have food that was planted, picked, or harvested by a farmworker. Why is it that the people who do the most sacred work in our nation are the most oppressed, the most exploited?” -Dolores Huerta
3. “We as women should shine a light on our accomplishments and not feel egotistical when we do. It’s a way to let the world know that we as women can accomplish great things!” -Dolores Huerta
4. “If you haven’t forgiven yourself something, how can you forgive others?” — Dolores Huerta
5.“Every moment is an organizing opportunity, every person a potential activist, every minute a chance to change the world.” — Dolores Huerta
6.“Giving kids clothes and food is one thing, but it’s much more important to teach them that other people besides themselves are important and that the best thing they can do with their lives is to use them in the service of other people.” — Dolores Huerta Quotes
7.“That’s the history of the world. His story is told, hers isn’t.” — Dolores Huerta
8.“Every minute a chance to change the world…” — Dolores Huerta
9.“Why is it that farmworkers feed the nation but they can’t get food stamps?” — Dolores Huerta
10.“We criticize and separate ourselves from the process. We’ve got to jump right in there with both feet.” — Dolores Huerta
11.“If we don’t have workers organized into labor unions, we’re in great peril of losing our democracy.” – Dolores Huerta
12.“My mother was a dominant force in our family. And that was great for me as a young woman, because I never saw that women had to be dominated by men.” – Dolores Huerta
13.“I quit because I can’t stand seeing kids come to class hungry and needing shoes. I thought I could do more by organizing farm workers than by trying to teach their hungry children.” – Dolores Huerta
14. “We can’t let people drive wedges between us… because there’s only one human race.” -Dolores Huerta
15. “We just have to convince other people that they have power. This is what they can do by participating to make a change, not only in their community but many times changing in their own lives. Once they participate, they get their sense of power.” -Dolores Huerta