IWD is an important day for promoting gender equality and women’s empowerment. This year’s theme is #EachforEqual, which calls on everyone to help create a more gender-equal world. There are many ways to get involved in International Women’s Day, whether it’s attending an event, donating to a cause, or simply sharing messages of support online.
No matter how you celebrate, remember that every action counts in paving the way for an equal future. So lets Check out some popular International Women’s Day Quotes.
Empowering Women’s Day quotes
1. “Where there is a woman, there is magic.” – Ntozake Shange
2. “Women are the largest untapped reservoir of talent in the world.” – Hillary Clinton
3. “Cinderella never asked for a prince. She asked for a night off and a dress.” – Kiera Cass
4. “Power is not given to you. You have to take it.” – Beyonce
5. “The future of our world is only as bright as the future of our girls.” – Michelle Obama
6. “A girl should be two things: Who and what she wants.” – Coco Chanel
7. “She remembered who she was, and the game changed.” – Lalah Deliah
8. “She’s everything; even when she’s treated like nothing.” – R.H. Sin
9. “If you are always trying to be normal, you’ll never know how amazing you can be.” – Maya Angelou
10. “Women are the real architects of society.” – Cher
11. “I am tired of living in a world where women are mostly referred to as a man’s past, present, or future, property, or possession. I…do not belong to anyone but myself and neither do you.” – Ariana Grande
12. “What’s the greatest lesson a woman should learn? That since day one, she’s already had everything she needs within herself. It’s the world that convinced her she did not.” – Rupi Kaur
13. “You need to find the power within to make things happen for yourself. When you realize this, you are unstoppable.” – Christina Aguilera
14. “Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another steppingstone to greatness.” – Oprah Winfrey
15. “After all those years as a woman hearing, ‘not thin enough, not pretty enough, not smart enough, not this enough, not that enough,’ almost overnight I woke up one morning and thought, ‘I am enough.’” – Anna Quindlen
16. “Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness, heart, talent, guts. That’s what little girls are made of; the heck with sugar and spice.” – Bethany Hamilton
Women’s Day quotes about feminism.
17. “Feminism is about giving women a choice. Feminism is not a stick with which to beat other women with. It’s about freedom. It’s about liberation. It’s about equality.” – Emma Watson
18. “Feminism is just saying give me opportunities without judging me for the decisions that I make, the same freedom that men have enjoyed for so many centuries.” – Priyanka Chopra
19. “Feminism has never been about getting a job for one woman. It’s about making life fairer for women everywhere. It’s not about a piece of the existing pie; there are too many of us for that. It’s about baking a new pie.” – Gloria Steinem
20. “Many women now think, ‘Surely we don’t need feminism anymore, we’re all liberated, and society’s accepting us as we are’. Which is just hogwash. It’s not true at all.” – Yoko Ono
21. “We need a feminism that does not neglect women of color, trans women, and queer women. We need a feminism that protects all women. Globally.” – Halsey
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Halsey quotes to motivate you to be yourself.
22. “Feminism is dated? Yes, for privileged women like my daughter and all of us here today, but not for most of our sisters in the rest of the world who are still forced into premature marriage, prostitution, and forced labor – they have children that they don’t want or they cannot feed.” – Isabel Allende
23. “Feminism is the ability to choose what you want to do.” – Nancy Reagan
24. “A feminist is a person who believes in the power of women just as much as they believe in anyone else’s power. It’s equality, it’s fairness, and I think it’s a great thing to be a part of.” – Zendaya
25. “Feminism is not only for women. It’s something everyone can participate in, and evolve together, as the first step in the right direction. I see feminism as a tool to achieve that balance and peace.” – Ani DiFranco